Business cards are the very first impression that many potential clients or customers will have with you and your business. It’s important that your business card offers a good reflection of you and your business. It is also important to keep your card short and sweet. Often times business cards will have too much information on them and can overwhelm the client or customer. Also, when over filling a business card the design will suffer, creating an image that is less than ideal.
Business Cards Do’s and Don’ts
Here are the qualities that your business card should have:
- Your name
- Your business name (if applicable)
- Contact information: this can include email address, phone number, and address (if applicable)
- Your business logo (if applicable)
Your business card may also include:
- Artwork or design: think simple and relative. You do not need to add butterflies or hearts to the design if you are a life coach, it’s not relative no matter how cute they are.
- Your title: CEO, Owner, Customer Relations, Badass Number Cruncher, Sales Ninja
- Your business motto (if applicable)
- Picture of yourself: many independent contractors like to include photos of themselves, like Real Estate Agents or Loan Officers. Try to use only professional photography when placing photos on your business cards.
Your business card should not include
- All of your social media handles: it’s rare that you will need to include all or any of your social media contact information unless you want people to contact you through social media instead of a website or phone. Or if you use social media as your main website.
- Duplicate information: there is no reason to have the same information on the front and back side of your business card.
- Coupons or specials: These may change or become irrelevant and should only be posted on your website or social media.
Check out some of the awesome business cards we’ve had the pleasure of designing over the years.
If you are looking for a beautifully designed business cards we would love to help you achieve your goals. All of our designs are made with our clients’ needs in mind; understanding the product or service, and of course being visually pleasing. Find out more about becoming an emerse design client. We look forward to working with you.